maandag 19 april 2010

Citizenship and globalisation

Ok, to be very honest, I was physically present is these lessons, but not always mentally. I found it very hard to keep focus and concentrate. I think globalisation is a very interesting and important subject. But I just can't keep my head to it.
In this subject you can discuss all you want about the way we should live and what would be better to do for mankind and nature... without even getting somewhere. I think it's kind of useless that we discuss it because we can't do anything about it. Ok, we have to know what is going on, but I think we could learn about that in fewer and shorter lessons. That way I probably could keep focus on what's important and what is not.
The lesson I remember the most is one of the first ones. It was about language and identity. We got it from Karen Aaroe. In that lesson we had to make a little portrait of ourselves while focussing on the languages we speak, want to speak or understand. We gave each language a different colour that represents the way we feel about it. For example... In my heart i put red for Italian, because i really want to learn Italian and maybe later move to the country because i love everything about it. And the main colour was orange for flemish because it's my mother tongue.
Whit the colours we had to make some sort of a poem (an Elfchen to be more accurate). I picked the colour Red. And it was something like this:

Red
my blood
in my body
without it I die
Life

Afterwards we had to think about what word in our own language and in English we love the most. I thought that was very difficult because we have so many words. But eventually I chose 'Bloem' which means flower in English. And for my English word i chose Butterfly.
I liked this lesson very much because we did something ourselves and made a product, I think that's important to me.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten