zondag 7 maart 2010

Visit from my parents and sister


This weekend my parents and sister visited me. It was soo great!! I had a very good time. They arrived friday evening at 18.30 pm... At least they try to arrive then. They didn’t expect the snowfall, and neither did I. It must have snowed 25 cm in 2 or 3 hours. I was quit worried, but not that much because my dad happens to be the best driver of whole Belgium!!! Hihi

So they arrived half an hour later... I immediatly had to pack my bags because we were going to kolding, suprise suprise!!The road to Kolding was really awfull!!! It was like we were on a set of a movie about the end of the world. Really we passed trucks and cars who were stuck in the snow, it seemed surreal, like a videogame... It was very dangerous on the roads... but we finally made it to Kolding 2 hours later... (normally it would have been a half hour drive) Thanks to our magnificent driver (AKA Daddy).

We ate something but were all very tired and went allmost immediatly to bed. The next morning we woke up to an amazing landscape. It was really beautiful!! The view was super!! We looked out on a fjord that was half covered in snow and were surrounded with trees with a little white layer of snow on top of each little branch. It was also the first time we could look at the hotel properly and we were very excited about it. It looked like a castle. The weather was very nice. The sun was shining and made the snow sparkle, so it was very fun to wake up to that! The breakfast in the hotel was a-ok!! We had a lot of choice, allmost everything you can imagine having for breakfast!

After a good breakfast we started walking trough the woods to the city. It was a very long walk, but nobody complained because it was very nice outside, the sun, the birds, the swans, the lake... I was with my family and was truly happy!

We walked around in Kolding for a bit, did some sight-seeing and then walked back to the hotel. We were very tired and took a little nap. Then my sister and I watched desperate houswives (one of the many things that we both love) and my parents looked for a restaurant for the evening.

We went to a very good restaurant where they serve very good meat. MMMM it was sooo good! I first had a carpaccio and then a very juicy filet of beef with a potato in the oven with sour cream on top. If you ever go to Kolding, you have to go there!!

It was very very cold that night. Minus 11 degrees... But I heard in Haderslev it was minus 15 degrees, brrrrr!!

The next morning we slept long, had again a very good breakfast and then went back to Haderslev. Then we did THE walk!! I mean the walk I have to do every day when I go to school. But we went a little further so I could show them the rest of the town. It was sunday, so there weren’t much stores open, but it was ok, they didn’t come here to shop.

We walked back to groftholtvaenget and then it was time to say goodbye again. It was very hard to do that, harder then when I was leaving home end of february, I don’t know why! Maybe I realized here how much I really love them, and how much they really love me.... They have come so far to see me.... I now understand the unconditional love that one could feel for another human being. I hope one day I can find somebody whom I can share this with.

O My god, I am being so corny.... Sorry, my emotions just can’t control themselves.

So now I am sitting back in my room, writing to my blog.... I can look out to my next adventure... that will be my trip to Norway the 26th of March!! I’m going to visit 2 of my best friends from school, who are there on erasmus! Wow, I’m sooo looking forward to it, It’s going to be great and very exciting!!

See you on the next blog!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten